I slept and dreamed that life was joy,
I awoke and saw that life was duty,
I acted and behold: duty was joy.
-Rabindranath Tagore

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Three cups of Tea

A friend of mine had really recommended this book and I kept looking for it at the library but it was never available and my PIN isn't working to reserve books so months later I just gave up and bought it. I rarely buy books because I prefer the free library but I have no regrets on this purchase. It is about a man who was nursed back to health by people in a poor Pakistan village after failing to climb K2. He then promises to return and build a school for their children. It becomes his life's work and during the next decade he has helped build 55 schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
I haven't even finished it yet but it is so inspiring and beautiful so give me a couple more days and it will be available for borrowing.

1 comment: