I slept and dreamed that life was joy,
I awoke and saw that life was duty,
I acted and behold: duty was joy.
-Rabindranath Tagore

Monday, August 17, 2009

Mothers without Borders yard sale


Alright, we really needed a picture here. One of my favorite charities is called Mothers without Borders (I have never donated to it although it has been on my mind a lot). It helps orphaned and at risk children which is something that always touches my heart. You can go to their website http://www.motherswithoutborders.org/ and find out more. There is also a big link for those of us short on funds and it states that Saturday September 12, 2009 is their Mothers without Borders Yard Sale day! So I need everyone who lives around me to write this date on your calendars and then start poking around your house for things to donate. (If you don't live near me, you can host your own yard sale). I really want to dream big on this one which is really out of my comfort zone but I am excited. Okay. I have spent way too much time on the blog for tonight so I am going to go rummage through my closets for things to sell.

1 comment:

  1. Okay I'm totally pumped up and ready to serve now! Your new blog is quite inspiring and really helped me remember that it is my responsibility to serve and help those in need rather I have money or not, I can serve and help in other ways. Thank you for the reminder! I will spread the word and the calendar is marked. ;)

    ReplyDelete