I slept and dreamed that life was joy,
I awoke and saw that life was duty,
I acted and behold: duty was joy.
-Rabindranath Tagore

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Generated by Love- the experiment


Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. -Martin Luther King Jr.
I love the term "generated by love." It reminds me of the energizer bunny and then I am imagining myself with a little battery in my back labeled love. (let me stop there). What I am trying to convey is how happy we would be if everything we did was motivated by love. (Be sure to throw in some thoughtfulness and respect for others and then we would be living a life with a lot less regrets). So I am thinking about doing an experiment tomorrow and live that day motivated by love. I think I will invite a friend to do the same and then report back. Honestly it sounds a little mentally exhausting but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment